The Freedom of Information Act 1982 (Vic) (FOI Act) gives you the right to access documents about your personal affairs and the activities of government agencies.
You can also ask government agencies to amend or remove incorrect or misleading information they hold about you.
Commercial Passenger Vehicles Victoria (CPVV) supports these rights by:
- making information about our operations available to the public
- making all rules and information about our practices readily available to those affected by them
- helping the public access documents held us (this access is limited only by the proper application of exceptions and exemptions provided for under the FOI Act), and
- delivering an efficient, timely and financially viable process for disclosing information to the public.
Making a general Freedom of Information request
For general Freedom of Information queries or to lodge a Freedom of Information request with us, please contact:
Freedom of Information Officer
Commercial Passenger Vehicles Victoria
PO Box 1716
Melbourne VIC 3001
Please note that under the FOI Act, Freedom of Information requests attract an application fee of $28.90. The application fee can be waived if you are the holder of a current Health Care Card or Pension Benefits Card. You will need to provide a copy of the card in place of the application fee.
Payment of the application fee can be made by cheque, payable to Commercial Passenger Vehicles Victoria and forwarded to the above address.
Alternatively, you can make a Freedom of Information request online using the Freedom of Information web site. Please note that you will need a valid credit card to complete this application online.
You do not need to make a Freedom of Information request for access to certain information. We suggest that before making a Freedom of Information request, you read:
- all the information available on our website and in our news section
- the range of commercial passenger vehicle – related statistics available on our website.