Commercial Passenger Vehicles Victoria (CPVV) has developed a Performance Complaint Handling Policy and Procedure to receive and manage complaints and feedback from stakeholders and industry participants about our performance as the Victorian commercial passenger vehicle (taxi and hire car) industry regulator.
CPVV Performance Complaint Handling Policy and Procedure DOC, 3.8 MB
We value complaints and feedback as it assists us continuously improve our services and performance. CPVV’s Performance Complaint Handling Policy and Procedure demonstrates our commitment to accountability and transparency, ensuring that the regulator's performance is subject to scrutiny.
This policy and procedure has been designed to provide guidance to our stakeholders and staff on how we receive and manage complaints. CPVV is committed to being consistent, fair, and impartial when handling complaints.
CPVV’s Performance Complaint Handling Policy and Procedure follows the guiding principles established in the Australian Standard AS ISO 10002-2014 Customer Satisfaction – Guidelines for Complaints Handling in Organisations and clarifies when it’s necessary for a complaint against the conduct of CPVV or its people to go to the Ombudsman or Independent Broad-based Anti-Corruption Commission (IBAC).
The objective of this policy and procedure is to ensure that:
- stakeholders are aware of our complaint lodgement and handling processes
- stakeholders and our staff understand the regulator performance complaints handling process
- complaints are considered on their merits and investigated impartially with a balanced view of all information or evidence, and
- reasonable steps are taken to actively protect personal information.
In this policy, a complaint is any written or verbal expression of dissatisfaction with CPVV.
If you are dissatisfied with a service provided by CPVV, you should, in the first instance, consider speaking directly with the staff member/s you have been dealing with. If you’re uncomfortable with this, or consider the relevant staff member cannot address your concerns, you can lodge a complaint with us in one of the following ways:
- complete the feedback form on our website
- telephone us on 1800 638 802
- write to us at Commercial Passenger Vehicles Victoria, Attn. Manager Industry Standards and Services, GPO Box 1716, Melbourne VIC 3001
- email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or
- TYY / National relay Service:
- 133 677 (TTY/voice calls)
- 1300 555 727 (Speak and Listen)
- 0423 677 767 (SMS relay)
If you complain about a member of our staff, we’ll investigate your complaint thoroughly by finding out the facts, speaking with the relevant people and verifying explanations where possible. We will also treat our staff member objectively and:
- inform them of any complaint about their performance
- provide them with an opportunity to explain the circumstances
- provide them with appropriate support, and
- update them on the complaint investigation and the result.